The Canada’s Safest Employer Award was presented by Canadian Occupational Safety – The Safety Standard. To achieve this honour, we underwent a rigorous assessment process that was tested by expert safety professionals.
The 2017 CEA President’s Award of Excellence for Employee Safety was given to utilities who maintain exemplary health and safety records. This distinction honours our strong performance relative to a comparable electricity distribution benchmark group.
Both of these awards are a testament to the commitment and passion of our employees and the quality of health and safety leadership.
- Launched in 2011, Canada’s Safest Employers awards recognize companies from all across Canada with outstanding accomplishments in promoting the health and safety of their workers
- This is the second time we have won a Canada’s Safest Employers award; the first was a Silver Award in 2016
- This is the second year in a row we have won the CEA President’s Award of Excellence for Employee Safety
- Our environment, health & safety management system is built upon ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007 international standards.
“Receiving these awards is truly a team effort and is a source of pride for the company. This recognition is a testament to how far our safety culture at Toronto Hydro has come and we hope to continue forward on the path of continual improvement.”
– Ave Lethbridge, Executive Vice-President and Chief Human Resources and Safety Officer, Toronto Hydro
ABOUT TORONTO HYDRO
Toronto Hydro owns and operates the electricity distribution system for Canada’s largest city. A leader in conservation and demand management, it has 765,000 customers located in the city of Toronto and distributes approximately 19% of the electricity consumed in Ontario.
Twitter – twitter.com/torontohydro
Facebook – facebook.com/torontohydro
YouTube – youtube.com/torontohydro
Flickr – flickr.com/torontohydro
LinkedIn – Linkedin.com/company/toronto-hydro
SOURCE Toronto Hydro Corporation
Toronto Hydro Corporation
Toronto Hydro Corporation is a holding company, which wholly-owns two principal subsidiaries: Toronto Hydro-Electric System Limited – which distributes electricity and engages in Conservation and Demand Management (“CDM”) activities; and Toronto Hydro Energy Services Inc. – which provides street lighting services. The principal business of the Corporation and its subsidiaries is the…