Newly revised teen leadership document is here!
This updated document will help both youth and adult advisors see how to get the most out of a teen leadership project and how leadership can be very rewarding for both the teen and the groups with which they interact.
4-H teen leaders is a term 4-H has used for many years but there are many different descriptions of what it means and many ways in which the title has been used. To help streamline the understanding of 4-H teen leadership and the opportunities that surround that project area, the 4-H Teen Leadership guide document has been recently revised! This updated document will help both youth and adult advisors see how to get the most out of a teen leadership project and how leadership can be very rewarding for both the teen and the groups with which they interact.
Found on the Michigan State University Extension website, the 4-H Teen Leadership document is complete with fillable forms that make finishing a teen leadership project a breeze. Many youth are already doing the work of teen leadership and this document with help them to get recognized for their efforts through forums such as the county fair, scholarships, job and college applications, State Awards and much more.
The document covers many areas of teen leadership such as:
- What is a 4-H teen leader?
- What does a 4-H teen leader do?
- How can a teen in 4-H get involved with leadership?
- What can teens get out of being involved in a 4-H teen leadership project?
- 4-H teen leader guidelines and expectations
- What is a 4-H teen leadership project?
- How do teens complete a 4-H teen leadership project?
- Examples of 4-H teen leader activities and projects
- Resume writing tips for teen leaders
- Responsibilities of the adult advisor to the teen leader
- Tips for advisors working with teens
- Developmental stages of teens
To learn about the positive impact of Michigan 4-H youth leadership, citizenship and service and global and cultural educationprograms, read the 2016 impact report: “Developing Civically Engaged Leaders.” Additional impact reports, highlighting even more ways MSU Extension and Michigan 4-H have positively impacted individuals and communities in 2016, can be downloaded from the MSU Extension website.