Classes resume at Walt Disney Elementary after Friday evacuation | Public Safety

0

MISHAWAKA — Classes will resume Monday at Walt Disney Elementary School after students were evacuated Friday because of a gas odor.

The odor was caused by an equipment failure in one of the building’s chillers located in the boiler room in the rear of the school, according to a news release. The faulty equipment has been shut down for repairs and the South Bend Hazmat team said the building is safe for students and staff. 

Some firefighters who were the first to enter the school after the evacuation complained of skin irritation, so a hazmat team was called in.

Source

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here