Business Insider is a fast-growing business site with deep coverage of finance, media, tech, politics and the topics that digital natives need to get better every day. Launched in 2007, we are now the largest business news site on the web. BI Intelligence is Business Insider’s cutting-edge research service, delivering real-time insights on emerging trends, technologies, and disruptors in the digital arena. We offer a great work environment and excellent benefits with a collaborative team that has a lot of fun.
We’re hiring a Director of Audience Development to join our fast-growing Marketing and Analytics team. Our ideal candidate is a hands-on leader with a passion for driving innovative, actionable and efficient digital marketing campaigns that build awareness and drive traffic to support the growth of our businesses — content, e-commerce, subscriptions, and events.
In this role you’ll collaborate with the Business Insider’s paid products in growing BI’s audience; for setting strategy and executing marketing campaigns in all digital channels (search, email, display, and social); and, working closely with analytics, research and events to drive additional growth across the business.
The Director of Audience Development will:
- Develop and execute innovative, creative and effective marketing strategies that increase usage of Business Insiders content and products
- Advance and manage email marketing initiatives for the company
- Develop and manage paid and organic marketing programs for all platforms and products
- Evaluate, hire, and develop relationships with existing and new platforms, partners and vendors; review, recommend, and manage tools, services, and vendors
- Train and lead a high-performing team of digitally-savvy marketers to support the strategic goals of the business
- Develop and deliver regular and ongoing reports on program performance
- Partner with internal teams to develop and enhance the BI social media strategy
- Proactively identify platforms and tools that enhance the BI audiences
Ideal candidates will have:
- 7+ years in marketing; at least 5 years in audience development and digital media
- Familiarity with digital analytics tools (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, ComScore etc.)
- Hands on knowledge of paid digital campaigns (PPC, display, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and managing budgets, overseeing vendors, platforms
- Expertise growing and implementing email programs. Familiarity with Sailthru or similar email provider a plus.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- A passion for the digital media space
- Desire to experiment, quickly iterate, and get better every day
- Ability to stay up-to-date on industry developments and competitors and to be active in the media community
- Extremely strong organizational skills
- Ability to closely manage budgets and timelines on concurrent campaigns supporting diverse business goals
- Excellent technical implementation skills in HTML, email CRM platforms, Google analytics, etc.
- Solid experience managing a team of dedicated marketing professionals
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
If this is the right gig for you, please apply online and include a note about why you’re a good fit for the role.
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.
Follow Business Insider Australia on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.